I’m happy to welcome two new players to the leaderboard this week. Please join in the fun and send me a username for the board. Player 1 had to drop off the team because he is releasing a book of his own next month. Player 5 started strong by inviting friends and family to join the team (5 points), and she got 20 points when Player 6 joined on her recommendation. Way to go!
Everyone got points this week for downloading my book or getting it directly from me.
Here are the standings after Week 3:
Since I didn’t hear from most of you last week, this will be a catch-up week. Please read through the earlier posts and try to do some of the assignments you haven’t done yet. Points will be given for submitting quotes from the book, answering trivia, inviting new people to join the team, and following me on social media.
I’m also offering 5 points for everyone who clicks on the link in my email to visit BookFunnel and check out the free Christian books.
Remember to email me and tell me all the assignments you fulfilled. Each of these things will help boost the success of the book when it releases.
(P.S. I’ll be offering at least two gift cards at the end of the launch – one to the person with the most points on the leaderboard!)
Enjoy your week! Keep reading! And let me know if you want to meet together at some point to discuss the book over Zoom.
Welcome back to the Story-Tellers Launch Team page!
Last week, I introduced the competition we'll be having, and I asked you to invite 3 people to join the team. Points were offered for opening the first email from me, answering trivia questions, and telling me how you invited friends. If anyone had a friend who joined the team, an additional 20 points per friend were offered. Only one of you submitted a user name.
Here are the standings after 1 week:
Your mission this week,
should you choose to accept it:
* Download the advanced reader copy of my book from Bookfunnel in the format of your choice. I recommend the pdf version because it will look closest to the final book, but you can also choose a version you can read on a Kindle or other e-reader. (You should have received an email from Bookfunnel this morning with a link to download the book.)
* You can read through the book at your own pace, but try to read Chapters 1 and 2 before next Thursday.
* As you read, highlight sentences or passages you particularly like. Send me an email or comment on this post to share some of your highlighted passages from Chapters 1 and 2. Points will be awarded for each passage you share with me.
* Please read my blog post from earlier this week. If you like it, please comment on it and recommend it to others on social media or another way. If it's not your "cup of tea," please look at some other posts and recommend any you enjoy. Points will be given for comments and for referrals, so let me know if you recommend a post to anyone. Getting people to come to the website and read a blog post is another way to introduce them to the book and give them a chance to sign up for my email list.
* Continue to pray for the book launch and keep inviting people to join the team.
* Let me know by email this week if you would like to participate in a weekly Zoom call to discuss two chapters of the book at a time. If we meet once a week, we can get through the book before the release date of August 31.
* I would like to meet by Zoom next week so we can get to know one another. Let me know if you would be available on Wednesday, July 14, at 6pm Pacific Time. Or suggest another time, and I'll see if that works for everyone.
* Don't forget to choose a username for the leaderboard. I'll be posting a new leaderboard every week!
* What are the names of the five daughters in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice?
* In The Princess Bride, what did Buttercup call Westley?
* Name a book that is better than its movie adaptation. (This one could have any number of answers!)
Send me your answers and tell me if you knew the answer without looking it up. You get 2 points for a correct answer you looked up and 5 if you didn't look it up.
Send your answers and responses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m so glad you have joined the launch team for my new book on Christian worldviews. I won’t go into detail about the book here. You can learn about it on the other pages of this website. This “Launch Team” page of the website is just for you and me to discuss team business.
First, thank you for being here! I couldn’t do this without you.
Second, I’m building a little competition into the book launch and will be posting a leader-board next week to show how everyone is doing. You can get points for doing the assigned tasks every week, answering trivia questions, and just opening emails from me. (Yes, I know if you’re opening my emails and clicking on the links.) So, your first assignment is to choose a user name that will identify you on the leader-board.
Have some fun with it. Maybe choose a character from a favorite book or movie or use a fun gamer name that says something about your personality. But don’t give away your real identity!
Third, please pray for me this week as I put together a press kit for the book and write a “pitch” to send out to podcasters, bloggers, and radio shows. The more coverage I can get for the book, the more people who will hear about it, and the more lives that can be changed.
Fourth, your main assignment this week is to invite at least 3 other people you know to join this team. Send me an email to let me know how you did this and you will receive five points in the competition. If anyone joins the team and tells me you invited them, you will receive 20 points! That's 20 points per person referred throughout the competition.
When you invite someone to join the team, it's best to send them to the home page of this website where they can learn about the book and then click on the link "Join the Story-Tellers - a Launch Team for this new book."
Fifth, I have a little movie trivia for you. You get 5 points for each correct answer you know without looking it up and 2 if you looked it up. Send me your answer and tell me (honestly now) if you looked up the answer.
1. Who played Willy Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)?
2. The famous quote in Casablanca (1942), “I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship,” was said by whom and to whom? Name either the characters or the actors.
3. The 2019 movie, Overcomer, is about a troubled youth being coached in what sport?
Send your user name, trivia answers, and other responses to today’s assignments to email@example.com.
Next week, I will have a schedule for you for the rest of the launch and more assignments. Your free digital copy of the book should be ready then, too.
This is the home of the Launch Team for Finding Your Part in God's Master Story. I will post instructions, updates, and downloadable material at least once a week. Feel free to comment on the posts to ask questions, share ideas, and cheer the team on.