Welcome back to the Story-Tellers Launch Team page!
Last week, I introduced the competition we'll be having, and I asked you to invite 3 people to join the team. Points were offered for opening the first email from me, answering trivia questions, and telling me how you invited friends. If anyone had a friend who joined the team, an additional 20 points per friend were offered. Only one of you submitted a user name.
Here are the standings after 1 week:
Your mission this week,
should you choose to accept it:
* Download the advanced reader copy of my book from Bookfunnel in the format of your choice. I recommend the pdf version because it will look closest to the final book, but you can also choose a version you can read on a Kindle or other e-reader. (You should have received an email from Bookfunnel this morning with a link to download the book.)
* You can read through the book at your own pace, but try to read Chapters 1 and 2 before next Thursday.
* As you read, highlight sentences or passages you particularly like. Send me an email or comment on this post to share some of your highlighted passages from Chapters 1 and 2. Points will be awarded for each passage you share with me.
* Please read my blog post from earlier this week. If you like it, please comment on it and recommend it to others on social media or another way. If it's not your "cup of tea," please look at some other posts and recommend any you enjoy. Points will be given for comments and for referrals, so let me know if you recommend a post to anyone. Getting people to come to the website and read a blog post is another way to introduce them to the book and give them a chance to sign up for my email list.
* Continue to pray for the book launch and keep inviting people to join the team.
* Let me know by email this week if you would like to participate in a weekly Zoom call to discuss two chapters of the book at a time. If we meet once a week, we can get through the book before the release date of August 31.
* I would like to meet by Zoom next week so we can get to know one another. Let me know if you would be available on Wednesday, July 14, at 6pm Pacific Time. Or suggest another time, and I'll see if that works for everyone.
* Don't forget to choose a username for the leaderboard. I'll be posting a new leaderboard every week!
* What are the names of the five daughters in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice?
* In The Princess Bride, what did Buttercup call Westley?
* Name a book that is better than its movie adaptation. (This one could have any number of answers!)
Send me your answers and tell me if you knew the answer without looking it up. You get 2 points for a correct answer you looked up and 5 if you didn't look it up.
Send your answers and responses to email@example.com.
This is the home of the Launch Team for Finding Your Part in God's Master Story. I will post instructions, updates, and downloadable material at least once a week. Feel free to comment on the posts to ask questions, share ideas, and cheer the team on.