Are you excited to be here? I am! The book launch is just getting started, and there’s more fun ahead – but only if you participate. Last week, I only received an email from one person in response to the weekly tasks. Everyone got points for opening the email I sent, but only RockyMountainGirl earned extra points.
Here are the standings after Week 2:
Job #1 – Read the Book
* If you haven’t done so yet, please download the advanced reader copy of my book from BookFunnel in the format of your choice. I recommend the pdf version because it will look closest to the final book, but you can also choose a version you can read on a Kindle or other e-reader. (You should have received an email from BookFunnel last week with a link to download the book.)
* You can read through the book at your own pace, but try to read through Chapter 4 before next Thursday.
* Let me know if you want to participate in Zoom meetings to discuss the chapters. I offered this as part of the launch, but I want to know if enough people are interested to make it work. Send an email ASAP, and I’ll set something up for next week if it’s wanted.
* Please highlight a sentence or two from your reading this week and send them to me or post in the comments. I will be making sharable graphics with some book quotes, and I would love to have your input.
Job #2 – Follow Me
* Please follow me on these social media platforms if you use them. Find a post or two to “like.” I’ll be posting more about my book release soon, and every Like helps the posts be seen by more people.
* If you use Goodreads, or are willing to join this social media platform for book lovers, please mark my book as “Want to Read”: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/57495713-god-s-master-story
Let’s do books this week!
* Who wrote the 1847 novel Wuthering Heights?
* What is the name of the second volume in the series The Lord of the Rings?
* Name the 1953 dystopian novel by American writer Ray Bradbury where books are outlawed and "firemen" burn any that are found.
Send me your answers and tell me if you knew the answer without looking it up. You get 2 points for a correct answer you looked up and 5 if you didn't look it up. Don't forget to choose a username for the leaderboard. I'll be posting a new leaderboard every week!
Send your answers and responses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is the home of the Launch Team for Finding Your Part in God's Master Story. I will post instructions, updates, and downloadable material at least once a week. Feel free to comment on the posts to ask questions, share ideas, and cheer the team on.